Recipe type: Entree
Elegant, easy, quick-cooking, and delicious - what more could you want? The trick is in quick simple preparation, so the scallops are perfectly cooked and the flavor shines through. It is easy to overcook scallops.
- • 1 pound sea scallops
- • 1 Tablespoon oil or butter
- • salt and pepper
- ) Dry the scallops with paper towels. Salt and pepper both sides.
- ) Heat a large regular (not non-stick) pan for 2-3 minutes so it is quite hot. Add the oil or butter, and then the scallops. Don't let them touch each other. If your pan isn't big enough to do them all at once, keep the first batch under a piece of foil and do two batches.
- ) Cook the scallops about 1½ minutes each side. They should have a golden crust on both ends, and the center should still look translucent. Turn with tongs.
- Serve immediately. One pound of scallops makes about 3 servings.