Fried Soft Shell Crabs
Author: Spring Creek Restaurant
Recipe type: Entree
Use fresh, cleaned, soft shell crabs.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 soft-shell crabs
- 1½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- 1. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360º. Whisk together milk, egg, and ¼ cup water in a large bowl.
- 2. Rinse crabs, and pat dry. Sprinkle crabs with seasoned salt. Dredge crabs in flour; dip in milk mixture, and dredge in flour again. Fry crabs, in batches, in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.